Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Good evening everyone! I am so excited, today is such an awesome day, it's our first Thanksgiving in our new home!  We have so much to be thankful for, we are settling in, the boys are happy, healthy, and I woke up this morning with a joyful feeling of contentment, which I didn't realize I was missing for the last little while...

No one can bring me down today, my kitchen is ripped apart... it was turquoise cupboard doors, with an orange "back splash" and a grey accent wall.... yikes! my kitchen was ready for Halloween before I was!  My husband took off the top doors for me, and I spent my weekend painting, I don't mind painting... except when the whole house needs it.... BUT that's ok, because we are mold free!

I have both of my boys home today, they have been helpful, happy and healthy, they have barely argued (as brothers do so well) I have heard lots of "I love you's" and "Thank you's" they even helped out doing the yucky chores today (such as doggy doo clean up) and taking out the trash :D. I tell ya I am one lucky momma!
My wonderful husband put together our dining room table, with the help of our wonderful handyman Joe (DS-4) and then he went out and mowed our lawn, (so he was out of my hair so I could package up orders!)
We sat down for Turkey Dinner, and my DH (Dear Hubby) and I decided it was time to tell the boys we were TTC (Trying To Conceive) and half way through having "the" discussion with them, Nick (DS-9) says "Wait! Stop everything! Are you telling me that you can "want to have a baby" and then there is a baby in your belly! "THAT is cool" ....can you want a boy please?"  After we laughed (Very hard) we thought a little bit about at what age the inevitable "Birds & the Bees" talk should be had with our oldest...we've always been open (not necessarily graphic) about how life works.... but after Turkey dinner we definitely had to rethink a few things!

No comments:

Post a Comment