Friday, January 27, 2012

Every strand helps...

For years people have been making comments about my hair, some good, some bad, and some just odd... they range from "Oh, how nice.", "How much shampoo do you go through?", "Is that your real colour?" and the oddest one actually came from my father "Is that all yours?" ... if you know me, you know I had a smart ass reply
"No, it's part yours, I took it while you were napping... how do you think you got bald?!"
So the other day I got brushing it out,  and realized, I really do need a hair cut, there is just too much....
Yup, too much, so I decided to do something about it, I decided to donate it, I had 15" cut off this morning,  my awesome stylist Trudy, asked 3 times "Are you ready?"... I really was, I knew it was time to let go lol.
So I did!  I will be mailing my braid to Angel Hair For Kids Monday morning!

Have you heard of A Child's Voice Foundation?
This is going to get a little bit detail orientated for a couple sentences, but I really wanted to make sure you understand what this organization is about, and how awesome they are for doing what they do...
"A Child’s Voice Foundation® is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating and managing programs that provide tangible help and will make a real difference in the lives of financially disadvantaged children in Canada"
They run a program called Angel Hair For Kids.. "Angel Hair for Kids™ is a program of A Child’s Voice Foundation™ that provides wigs and hair loss solutions to financially disadvantaged children in Canada who have lost their hair due to a medical condition or treatment. Using hair that is generously donated to the program, the foundation can create wigs and hair systems and provide them at no cost to the child’s family."
Please check them out, or if you are thinking about cutting your long locks, please look for a place near you that can really put it to good use.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Good for you :) I have a braid of hair that's sitting on my book shelf waiting to go to them. I've donated my hair a few times now. It sure makes you feel warm and fuzzy to know that your hair will be put to good use rather then being tossed in the trash.

    ReplyDelete