Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Applesauce Pancakes by Stephanie @ Bargain Bakers

I recently joined a committee in my town that is responsible for planning a large Christmas event in my area. I did not however realize that they had decided to hold an annual Breakfast with Santa during this event. While Googling my little heart out searching for just the right recipe for the Santa Breakfast, I found one for “Applesauce Pancakes”.
I was intrigued, I printed off a copy for us to try at daycare.
In a large bowl, sift together:
1 1/2 cups of flour
2 Tbs sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Make a well in the middle of this mixture. Add:
2 eggs
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup of apple sauce
3/4 cup of milk
Mix together with a wire whisk.

The rest is as easy as lightly greasing a pan or griddle and heating up on medium heat. Scoop or pour the batter on the griddle or frying pan, use approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.

Brown on both sides.

Serve while hot. This is all I had left to show for my work :)

I really like this recipe because the apple flavor was not overwhelming. Just a little apple-y, just a hint of cinnamon. They were delicious. And the kids LOVED them!

Thank you to Stephanie @ Bargain Bakers for another great recipe!
Be sure to check her out on
facebook for lots of tasty treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment